Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Rough cut 2

Unfortunately, I still could not get the rest part of clips which are used to fill the rap part. Because the form of clips exporting from my own camera could not be read in Mac, the only way to convert them was asking for help from a teacher in our college, he had software in PC to convert those clips from MTS.form to mov. In this situation, I decided to edit the part which I have put in time line first. Here below is my rough cut 2 ,with a substantial amount of progress has been made.



Comparing with the last rough cut, the biggest change was that I used colour correction to change the colour of frames. As we can see, the colour of the opening shot had been changed into black and white which was following my storyboard. Basically, I just dragged the "set" module to the minimum so that the frame presented a based black and white which I would adjust more detailed in next rough cut.In addition, I also changed the colour of frames matching the beat of song. i.e. When William was going down the street and dragged off the price tag on passerby, the colour changed alternately from black and white to original colour. It enriched the visual effect as well as brought intensification to audience in my opinion. This was just an attempt for rough cut but I thought that I would keep it in final cut.

Besides changing the colour into black and white, I also create a flashing effect by changing the screen in different colour(some parts are designed as flashing between original colour and 'black and white').The colour of screen changing withe the song beat brings out much more intense feeling for audience, also, it brings visual interest though the frame still the same.

This below is a screen shot of the comparing between original colour and edited colour.


This is the colour correction which is quite convenient to adjust.

In term of being visually interesting, the video is more creative with an increased range of visual effects,e.g. slow motion, the usage of reverse. To be honest, it is a cumbersome work to link the image with the song beat. They are hard to match each other perfectly unless keep trying to change the speed of the clip.In this rough cut, I changes the speed of the opening into much slower. I have tried to match the step with the beat, even though I have tried range from 30 to 120 percent of speed, it still can not combine together very well. As a reason, I decided to adjust much slower which is one step for one sentence of lyric.

In addition, I think the beginning of the music video is still a little bit odd in my eyes. Actually, I also used different speed in this part to have a try, but the result still the same, I still can not match them very well. So I just leave them for now, but I am planning to change the idea of editing.

There are some very small gaps remaining between two clips, their existence sometimes are quite helpful as they make the beat fit with the image. Therefore, I may keep them in final cut.

The last but not least, at the start of video many clips have been moved out of the sync.The lip sync in rough cut 1 is even much better than this one. The reason why is getting worse is ,when I editing other clips I forgot to lock the part I have finished. So they are moved by mistakes and I even don't know. The main concern for me now is that I have to rearrange all the thing again, because there is no gaps at the start of video. If I want to move one of the clips forward or backward, I have to move all the clips forward or cut a little bit of prior one.

In my next rough cut, I will fill all the gaps and get a draft final product. Moreover, I will create more visually interesting by using the effect in Final Cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment