At the beginning of the video the problems previously identified that the first strong beat didn't match with the movement of people. It is looked like some editing problems which miss the first strong beat. Actually, I found this footages is not long enough to fill in the blanks before the artist starts singing. In my previous plan, my idea of the opening is that people walking down the street in slow motion and in black and white. Due to there were only 4 people helping me in this section, I was unable to entend the time for walking though they were walking very slow. In this situation, I decided to change the previous plan, which the footage still remained the same but the editing of this part had been changed. And then the rough cut 1 presented my new idea which used reverse footages following the beat of the track showing a really intense frame. I would amend this problem in order to make sure the opening look good.
In addition, I thought that the sentence 'YOU READY?' was moved out of sync, which was a little bit slower than the track. I had to be careful in editing here because the rhythm of this song was fast. It was difficult for me to match the beat and the sentence showing on the frame.
The main actor William, who is a Chinese and English is his second language. As a reason, the lip sync in some of clips is not perfect especially the beginning of each sentence. I have tried to solve some of them by editing.He usually ignores the beginning of each sentence, so I just join two footages in order to make everything look more fluent. However, there are still some tricky problems can not be solved .For example, he forgets about lyrics while filming, neither the beginning nor the ending, the lip sync sometimes can not be matched with the frames. I can't replace it because there is no better footages, so that the main concerns is whether I have time to re-shoot those parts.
A few parts do need to be more speedy and/or jumpy to match the beat, i.e. turning to the street part, people's steps have to match the beat in the song. Basically I didn't play the music while filming this part because I think I could use the 'speed' tool in final cut to adjust.Hoever, I found that it was hard to find out the completely matched speed when I was editing. I would try to adjust the speed more careful and find the suitable one out in next rough cut.
This totally disregards my storyboard, with some types of shots heve been changed.In last 1 minutes in this music video I have changed most of the narrative because plenty of clips are extemporaneous plays which are ever better than the content in my storyboard before. To create a better music video I just change the plan and choose a better way to present /promote an artist.
A lot of technical editing will be used in next rough cut to mix the track and the frame together better. i.e. many reverse will be used in the street part, such as the lady takes foo her high-heel, the man takes off the price tag in his hand. Moreover, the colorcorrctor will be used as well. I am wondering to changed the colour of frames following the rhythm. The last but not least, I will try to add some film fire in order to create a visually rich music video.
My main concerns for the next rough cut, apart from to fill the gaps, are to edit all things matching with the beat of song. i.e. the steps of people have to be moduled in the appropriate speed as well as some point of view of people's movement. On the other hand, there are some small gaps between two shots in different location, I plan to fill those gaps by text.
Additionally I have not found the person who can be the rapper acting in my music video yet.Although I have asked some English people whether they can do this, all of them do not think they can acting like a black man. In this situation, I wonder to change the rapper part into an easier one, i.e. William(the actor) is walking down the park and presented by jump cut which is matching the beats.
In addition, I thought that the sentence 'YOU READY?' was moved out of sync, which was a little bit slower than the track. I had to be careful in editing here because the rhythm of this song was fast. It was difficult for me to match the beat and the sentence showing on the frame.
The main actor William, who is a Chinese and English is his second language. As a reason, the lip sync in some of clips is not perfect especially the beginning of each sentence. I have tried to solve some of them by editing.He usually ignores the beginning of each sentence, so I just join two footages in order to make everything look more fluent. However, there are still some tricky problems can not be solved .For example, he forgets about lyrics while filming, neither the beginning nor the ending, the lip sync sometimes can not be matched with the frames. I can't replace it because there is no better footages, so that the main concerns is whether I have time to re-shoot those parts.
A few parts do need to be more speedy and/or jumpy to match the beat, i.e. turning to the street part, people's steps have to match the beat in the song. Basically I didn't play the music while filming this part because I think I could use the 'speed' tool in final cut to adjust.Hoever, I found that it was hard to find out the completely matched speed when I was editing. I would try to adjust the speed more careful and find the suitable one out in next rough cut.
This totally disregards my storyboard, with some types of shots heve been changed.In last 1 minutes in this music video I have changed most of the narrative because plenty of clips are extemporaneous plays which are ever better than the content in my storyboard before. To create a better music video I just change the plan and choose a better way to present /promote an artist.
A lot of technical editing will be used in next rough cut to mix the track and the frame together better. i.e. many reverse will be used in the street part, such as the lady takes foo her high-heel, the man takes off the price tag in his hand. Moreover, the colorcorrctor will be used as well. I am wondering to changed the colour of frames following the rhythm. The last but not least, I will try to add some film fire in order to create a visually rich music video.
My main concerns for the next rough cut, apart from to fill the gaps, are to edit all things matching with the beat of song. i.e. the steps of people have to be moduled in the appropriate speed as well as some point of view of people's movement. On the other hand, there are some small gaps between two shots in different location, I plan to fill those gaps by text.
Additionally I have not found the person who can be the rapper acting in my music video yet.Although I have asked some English people whether they can do this, all of them do not think they can acting like a black man. In this situation, I wonder to change the rapper part into an easier one, i.e. William(the actor) is walking down the park and presented by jump cut which is matching the beats.
No comments:
Post a Comment