Friday, 22 November 2013

Recce of Location

I earlier stated that I'd like to film in the park for a number of shots which is needed to create a happy atmosphere with people playing and having fun in there. Basically there were some lovely parks in Hartlepool so that I just selected a weekend before filming day and went around every parks. 



Here is the Burn Valley Park which is near either my accommodation or my college. It is quite convenient for actors and me to get together because all the actors who have been asked to join in my video are living around this park. There are slides, swing as well as other recreation facilities which provided for actors playing.On the other hand, this park is not very big indeed, so that I can include most of facilities and people in my camera in one frame.


This is another park on the other side of Burn Valley.There are more recreation facilities in this one, however, it is too far away from our college and accommodation comparing with the first park I have mentioned. It is difficult for me to bring a lot of people to here because they only have limited time which is quite short. I can not waste our time in moving to the location. But I still think this is a good location which can be used in my music video, as a reason, I choose it as one of the location for William 's solo part. I plan to shoot this part during half term so that we have enough time to find a perfect location and filming perfect clips.



Otherwise, I also went to the Summer Hill in Hartlepool investigating whether this is a good location or not. As we can see, there is a big lawn with a number of recreation facilities.The view is quite wide and beautiful which is fantastic to create a good image effect. However, there is a big disadvantages for locating in this park, which the land is unsteady. The camera is extremely hard to be fastened on the lawn, so the frame might be not horizontal. This is the reason why I didn't choose Summer Hill as one of the locations used in my music video though I had filmed some short clips in here.


This was a street near where I lived,which was a quiet as well as less crowded places to go.Therefore, this was a quite suitable place for my music video of the street part. Actually, my ideal location was a street which was very busy with stores, cars and shops. However, the ideal location was too busy since I filmed the street part in the afternoon about 5 o'clock, and I didn't bring my assistant with me. The only thing I can do was that found out another street not that busy but fitting with my storyboard. At last I chose this street as one of my locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment