To be honest, I seldom purchase music magazines which contain lots of album adverts. Besides creating a digipak as the course required, I also have to create a magazine advert. In order to get more familiar with pop genre music adverts, I have done some researches about advert and I have found these magazine advert below from Google. Both of them are presented by famous pop artist, likes Madonna, Katy Perry, P!nk, Hard Candy. Moreover, these adverts will hopefully inspire the creation of my magazine advert through a greater appreciation of the convention and design.
The reason why I put those two magazine cover in the first line of the mood board(the 'Hard Candy' one and the 'Madonna' one ) is they are exactly the same picture as the front cover of their digipak. They are just in different image size added more information about the new album, likes released day, slogan, i.e. In my opinion, this marketing method can be regarded as "synergy", which is the poster of album advert put everywhere, likes undergrounds, bus stops, magazines and so on. And the image of poster is exactly the same as the album cover. The poster in everywhere reinforces people's memories about this album, though they may not want to buy one, they have already learned the name of the artist and have been familiar with this album cover because they have seen it for many times.
However, although some magazine adverts are not exactly the same as its album cover, they always follow same style, themes, colours and layout as the album they are promoting. But the 'star image' is usually remained as the biggest selling point. Female pop singers usually show the body shapes in advertising in order to attract male audience. Looking at the advert of Katy Perry, she is in a sexy position standing in the middle of the image. The background is white which is in contrast with her red dress. Her red dress is really close-fitting and sleeveless which makes her look sexy and attractive. Moreover, the artist's name is above the image of her in sharp pink colour. The whole advert is really simple and concise so that the star image and the words can stand out.
On the other hand, I personally think Madonna's album advert in the third line is really interesting and artistic. We can see Madonna's face at the first sight, and her name is above her in capital characters. Looking at her face carefully, we can find there are more other images of Madonna showing in it. It is so creative that easily brings deep impression for audience. To be more precise, people would have more interests in this album because this pop genre album looks different from others which is creative.
In my own album advert, I want to do something different and special. As a new brand record company, I wonder to highlight the style of my company so that I think I would not use the image of artist in the advert as the pop genre adverts usually do.But the name of artist probably is the main point in my advert artwork.

No comments:
Post a Comment