Thursday, 12 December 2013

Choosing Background

As I have mentioned before, the front and the back of my digipak are designed in the same background ( shown on the picture above). In my previous idea, the colour scheme of the background is purple with some universal cartoon pattern on it. As we can see, the image of background is very important for the digipak so it has to be attractive and colourful in order to make the album stand out. 

I found that it was hard to find out the perfect image which was exactly the same as my thought. So that  I was just looking for some suitable pictures but not focused on one type of background images. I just downloaded all the images which I thought they were probably suitable, and then gathering them in here below.

Although there are some universal cartoon patterns on it, I think it is too dazzling which can not be perfectly combine with the image of William. So that I do not think I will choose this one as the album background. 

This is a tiled background image, which I can edit the size whatever I want. But this image is too girlish in my opinion, it does not match with the artist who is a male.



For my background of digipak, I am looking for a picture fulled of cartoon patterns basing on black colour. I noticed that I wanted to use purple as the colour scheme of background, but I did not find any suitable purple background picture in the Internet. 
The idea of using vibrant background with cartoon patterns came out when I found the album cover of MIKA. 
                                               

  

Considering the background is going to combine with other pictures in order to create a whole digipak front/back/magazine advert, I think I should better choose a dark colour scheme background with some repeated patterns on it.
Finally, I choose this images as the final product background. This background will be used in both digipak and magazine advert in order to synergy. The album digipak and the magazine advert will be created with same background to make sure that it is in the same style. Moreover, the advert may be put in everywhere,i.e. underground,bus stop, shops, it is important to help people be familiar to the album front cover. The more people see, the more popularity there will be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment