Thursday, 13 February 2014

Inspirational Videos

In order to create a professional music video,I have watched a large amount of real music videos, especially pop genre music videos. This page is used to document a hub of inspiration.
  

Jessie j -Domino



In typical Jessie-J style, this magnificent music video catches mt eyes relying on her perfect performance and gorgeous mise-en-scene( costume, make-up, lighting, etc). The whole video is filmed indoor, although there is no location shown in video, the visual effects are really abundant. In the music video, the singer is the main feature all of the way through. While Jessie J is singing and dancing in time with the music, the backgrounds in effects are also changing with the beat. It makes the video look impressed and entertaining. Moreover, a variety of camera shots are used to make the video present more rhythmically.
I want to imitate this form to present an entertaining music video, as one of the parts put in my music video. My initial idea of my own product is combine artist performance in front of background(like Domino) with some short narrative/story.
I know the actor I am going to choose should be confidence and desire to show off herself/himself. Thus, I will deliberative in choosing the actor.

One Direction-Live While We're Young.



The representation of this music video is really typical as it presents young people as having fun, attending festivals and parties, enjoying their youth and messing around with friends.A lot of pop music incorporates parties and festival setting into music videos to imply the same young feel.
I am going to follow this convention, which is representing a lot of people having fun in the park through imitating one direction's LIVE WHILE WE'RE YOUNG.

Mika-Happy Ending



Personally, I really like this music video due to its editing and fantastic mise-en-scene. This music video is a typical MIKA style music video, which is following his album theme. In this music video, toys are used like people to do the lip sync. This shot inspirit me that props can be used in many other ways, but not only show them in the music video. They also can create some interesting shots matching the beat of the song. Many props in this music video are exactly what I want used in my own video, such as balloons, toys,etc.




Except Mika, Bruno Mars is also widely known for producing pop music. The reason why I choose this music video is because there are a large amount of close-ups of the artist shown in it. Overall, the mise-en-scene (including location, props, costume,lighting) is very simple. But the artist is always the main focus performing in the video. To be more precise, when Bruno Mars is in the video the monkeys are surrounding him and are usually behind him. This also focuses on him as he is singing. It is of importance as it adds focus to the artist which is vital as he is in the video. This is a performance based music video, the main point of it is artist's performance. From this video I aim to take inspiration from the performance of artist and plenty of close-ups used.



From this music I have got inspiration from the location and using a lot of people to create happy feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment